Information for the Media
How can we help you?
Need to speak to a faculty member for a story? Interested in hearing students' perspectives on a current issue? Central Penn's public relations team can point you in the right direction.
Sarah Blumenschein | Communications Coordinator
Office - (717) 728-2295
Mobile - (717) 576-3467
Lezli Austen | Public Relations Associate
Office - (717) 728-2228
Mobile - (717) 609-2996
- Since 1881, Central Penn College has remained committed to providing a career-relevant education and professional atmosphere that best positions students for success. Central Penn’s supportive faculty and staff give students the personalized attention needed to eliminate boundaries, open new horizons and turn potential into career success.
Central Penn is a residential, multi-location college that offers associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees to traditional-age and adult students.
- Tagline: “You can. You will.”
- Website: www.centralpenn.edu
- Phone Number: (800) 759-2727
- Central Penn ‘At a Glance:’
- Harrisburg, Lancaster and Lehigh Valley locations; onsite degree completion programs at the McCann School of Business & Technology’s Sunbury and Hazleton locations, Berks Technical Institute, and the Lebanon Campus of HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College
- Concentrated, quarterly terms allow students to get where they want to go faster, with the opportunity to earn: an associate degree in 15-22 months, plus an internship; a bachelor’s degree in three years, plus an internship; and a master’s degree in one and a half years, or six consecutive terms.
- Offers degree programs in fully-online and hybrid (a mix of online and on-site courses) delivery formats
- Day and blended evening courses available
- Internships required in every program; Continuing education students complete capstone courses
- Experienced faculty, including part-time instructors who work, or have worked, in the field they teach
- Average class size: 12
- Hands-on learning labs for criminal justice, medical assisting, occupational therapy assistant and physical therapist assistant majors
- No dorm living; Central Penn provides apartments and townhouses
- Financial aid, including grants, scholarships, loans and work-study programs, is available for students who qualify. Scholarships are subject to change.
- Located just five minutes from the heart of downtown Harrisburg, Central Penn’s main campus is in Summerdale—a beautiful, quiet neighborhood (600 Valley Road, Summerdale, PA 17093-0309).
- Central Penn Lancaster: 1905 Old Philadelphia Pike, Lancaster PA, 17602
- Central Penn Lehigh Valley: 1455 Valley Center Parkway, Bethlehem, PA 18017, Suite 200
- Based on our most recent One-Year Graduate Survey, 85.7% were employed in their chosen field or continuing their education within one year of graduation.**
- Total Students: 1,182 (Summer 2014 enrollment); Diverse students from cities, towns and rural areas:
- 423 traditional undergraduate students – 36% of population
- 731 continuing education/online undergraduate students – 62% of population
- 28 graduate students – 2% of population
- 26% associate degree students / 71% bachelor’s degree students / 2% master’s degree students
- 53% full-time students (9 credits or more) / 47% part-time students (8 credits or less)
- 414 fully-online degree students – 35% of population
- 768 onsite students – 65% of population
- 35% minority
- 66% female /34% male
- President – Dr. Karen Scolforo, Ed.D.
- Central Penn employs 281 full- and part-time faculty and staff members
- In addition to five academic buildings, amphitheatre, conference center, library, student fellowship area and historic bridge and farmhouse, the 35-acre campus includes furnished apartments, townhouses and recreational facilities. A Health Sciences building and new student union called The Underground are currently under renovation/construction.
- Quarterly, 11-Week Terms:
- Summer Term 2014 Begins July 7, 2014; Ends Sept. 26, 2014
- Fall Term 2014 Begins Oct. 6, 2014; Ends Dec. 20, 2014
- Winter Term 2015 Begins Jan. 5, 2015; Ends Mar. 21, 2015
- Spring Term 2015 Begins April 6, 2015; Ends June 20, 2015
- Mission: Central Penn College’s mission is to provide an education that prepares its graduates to obtain employment or advancement in their chosen field, continue their education and be contributing members of society.
- Central Penn College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (267.284.5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Approved by: the Secretary of Education and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to award the Master’s of Professional Studies degree, the Bachelor's of Science degree, the Associate’s in Science degree, and the Associate in Applied Science degree.
- Most Popular Degree Programs: criminal justice administration, business administration, accounting, physical therapist assistant, business administration – management, business administration – healthcare management
- Undergraduate Costs for 2014-2015
- Per Credit: $440
- Per Term – (12 credits): $5,280
- Housing Fees (per term):
- Townhouse – single /double occupancy $2,101/$1,514
- Apartment bedroom $1,463
- Board Fees (per term):
- Meal plan option 1 $391
- Meal plan option 2 $494
- Meal plan option 3 $597
- Cable TV/Internet/Utilities Fee $330
- Student/Technology Fees:
- Five or more credits $273
- Four or less credits $167
- Graduate Costs for 2014-2015
- Tuition & Fees: $685 per credit. The tuition includes all fees, including required textbooks for each course.