May 12, 2014 Changing the Landscape campaign raises $146,000
The Central Penn College Education Foundation is more than halfway to its $250,000 fundraising goal as part of the college’s Changing the Landscape Campaign for Scholarships. The first phase of the campaign, which focuses directly on naming opportunities within a new student union currently under renovation and construction, has raised $146,000.
“The Changing the Landscape Campaign is an exciting opportunity for individuals, businesses and partnering foundations to fund student scholarships, while participating in new building and renovation projects on the Summerdale campus,” says Central Penn College Education Foundation Director Matt Lane.
Donors to this campaign have been given the option of sponsoring one of the 18 designated spaces in the student union, called the Underground, with all contributed funds going directly to student scholarship support through the Education Foundation.
Prior to today’s public announcement of the campaign, 13 of the 18 sponsorship opportunities have been reserved. Early donors to this campaign include:
- Activities Director Office - Central Penn College Education Foundation Board of Trustees
- Landscaping - Polly and Wayne Dietrich
- Kitchen/ Concession Area - Graphcom Inc.
- Ticket Booth/ Coat Room - Graphtech Printing
- Fitness Center - Duane and Susan Greenly Foundation
- Lobby - Trout Ebersole and Groff
- Writing and Learning Center - Gloria and Tracey Jones and the Books for Tremendous Living Foundation
- Dance Studio - Dr. Karen and Matt Scolforo
- Projector Room - Pyramid Construction Services
- and several others who will be announced in the coming weeks.
While room sponsorships start at $5,000, gifts of all sizes are welcome—and gifts of $2,500 or more will be recognized on a donor plaque in the lobby of the Underground. The Education Foundation aims to complete this campaign by early July 2014.
With 92.4 percent of Central Penn’s current student body requiring some form of financial aid to stay enrolled, the Education Foundation is thankful for the many faculty and staff, community partners, and graduates who continue to support this most worthy cause.*
The following room sponsorship opportunities are still available as part of the Changing the Landscape Campaign:
- Multi-Purpose Room/ Theater - $75,000
- Performance Stage - $25,000
- Student Lounge and Game Room - $25,000
- Dressing Room (2) - $5,000
The Central Penn College Education Foundation provides scholarships to Central Penn College students who exhibit strong attributes for career success, despite financial challenges. To learn more about the Central Penn College Education Foundation 501(c)(3) or to make a gift for student scholarships, visit www.centralpenn.edu/foundation or call Matt Lane at 717-728-2263.
*According to a Fall 2013 report