SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE FOR STUDENTS
Central Penn College is committed to providing all of our students with the support they need to be academically successful. We want every student to feel valued, supported and engaged in college life; please take a moment to review the array of online resources available to all of our students:
- Academic Advisement at my.centralpenn – You are assigned to a faculty advisor who will assist in developing an educational plan that will guide you through your educational experience. If you are not sure who your faculty advisor is, log into the student portal at my.centralpenn.edu and reference the Advisor box. Virtual appointments are available for online students; when you contact your advisor, let them know if you prefer to meet virtually or on-campus.
- Counseling Services – Appointments with credentialed counselors are available to all students in person or through e-counseling methods. You may seek counseling for a variety of reasons - stress, relationship concerns, time management, depression, anger issues, grief and loss, substance use/abuse, pregnancy, abuse (sexual, emotional, physical), family issues, life transition, etc. When it becomes too much to handle alone, please reach out for additional help through Counseling Services at Central Penn; you are not alone.
- MBS Online Bookstore – Buy the assigned books and materials for your classes conveniently online from the MBS website.
- IT Help Desk – Contact the Help Desk for assistance with: Blackboard, Microsoft Office, MyMail, my.CentralPenn, and hardware/software. Help Desk services are available to all students via phone 1-866-291-4357 or email email@example.com.
- Blackboard Community – The tabs running across the top of Blackboard contain essential information and resources for students.
- Student Resources – This tab will connect you with a variety of online academic resources including an email directory for our academic leadership, information about contacting professors and student support services.
- Career Services – this tab will connect you with online resources that will help you prepare for your job and internship search. Career Services also has a robust website.
- Library – This tab will connect you with the library’s online resources including the book and movie catalog, online academic journals and databases, Ebrary, Films on Demand, program guides, APA templates, and chat window for contacting the librarians who are on staff. Charles “T” Jones Leadership Library also has a robust website.
- Learning Center – This tab allows students to schedule an appointment with one of our writing, math, accounting, business or information technology tutors (online appointments are available).
- Clubs and Activities – This tab keeps students informed about upcoming events, clubs and Student Government Association (SGA). All students are encouraged to participate in student clubs and the SGA; contact the Activities Director to learn more about opportunities for online students. Clubs and Activities also has a robust website.