The Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management degree program will prepare students to meet the demands of an ever-changing healthcare system. Students will develop and enhance leadership skills, learn to understand and apply business concepts to the healthcare industry and apply critical thinking skills in order to make informed business decisions.
The program will prepare students for careers in management, administrative or educational positions within the industry. They will also be prepared to pursue higher academic goals through acceptance into a master’s degree program.
This program is designed to prepare our graduates to be able to:
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and oral, in a manner reflective of business and healthcare professionals.
- Understand and apply business concepts to business models in general and how these models and concepts can be used to respond to the clinical, organizational and fiscal demands facing the ever changing healthcare industry.
- Understand business and healthcare organizations as complex systems and the implications of workplace diversity, organizational change and corporate culture.
- Identify appropriate resources and apply analytical reasoning/critical thinking skills in order to make informed business decisions.
- Understand the role of effective leadership in driving organizational performance and change.
- Obtain career and/or academic advancement into a management, administrative or educational position or acceptance into a graduate degree program.
Preparing students to fill healthcare workforce shortages
The predicted mass retirement of the Baby Boomers along with the current shortage of healthcare practitioners, and the resulting inadequacy in meeting the health care needs of the current population drove the college to expand their offerings in the health sciences in order to meet these demands.