Business Administration - Human Resource Management
The Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resource Management (HRM) provides the student with an understanding of this increasingly expanding career field that encompasses the complex roles and practices of human resource professionals.
You Will Learn
For the domestic and global environments, this concentration prepares student to:
- Gain the knowledge and skills related to workforce training and development
- Understand effective recruitment and retention strategies
- Understand current ethical and regulatory issues in employment
- Understand techniques for evaluating and improving performance
- Know methods to construct compensation and benefit programs, and labor and management relations.
As a career-oriented college and as an addition to our hands-on curriculum, Central Penn requires all students to complete an internship as a part of their academic program. This opportunity allows students to participate and experience their future careers in the real world. Internships are 180 hours in length and may include a research project tailored to the individual's career path.
Continuing Education and online students complete a capstone course in place of the traditional internship. This can be done at both the associate and bachelor degree level. This course requires an extensive research project and paper related to the students chosen career path.
- Administrative Services Manager
- HR Manager*
- HR Specialist*
- Training and Development Specialist*
- Compensation, Benefits and Job Analysis Specialist*
* Based on program student learning outcomes
Middle States Accreditation
Central Penn College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 1910 (Ph: 267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please click here.