The Bachelor of Science in Radiology Sciences is targeted at medical imaging professionals credentialed and working in the field. It is a transitional program intended to give professionals the opportunity to earn business and management education and skills.
The focus of this program will be to expand students' leadership skills to further their careers into supervisory positions. Students will also be able to pursue higher level imaging careers such as the Registered Radiology Assistant. In addition, the Bachelor of Science in Radiology Sciences degree will allow professionals to pursue positions in medical imaging education.
This program is designed to prepare graduates to be able to:
- Use leadership principles to guide interaction with patients/clients, healthcare professionals and the public.
- Be prepared for leadership roles and have the managerial skills necessary to direct services.
- Increase knowledge of advanced imaging modalities.
- Use critical thinking and problem based learning skills to resolve healthcare issues.
- Practice a holistic and ethical approach to health care.
- Value lifelong learning as a means of continuous professional development.
Preparing students to fill healthcare workforce shortages
The predicted mass retirement of the Baby Boomers along with the current shortage of healthcare practitioners, and the resulting inadequacy in meeting the health care needs of the current population drove the college to expand their offerings in the health sciences in order to meet these demands.