You Can: Immerse Yourself
Welcome! 歡迎! ¡Bienvenidos! Benvenuti!
No matter how you say it, you are welcome here at Central Penn College. International students at Central Penn have the chance to learn in our professional, career-focused environment from professors who have real-world experience in the fields they teach.
Since 1881, Central Penn College has been helping students turn potential into career success. Central Penn’s suburban Summerdale campus is located just minutes away from the city of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital, and is in close proximity to bustling cities like New York, Philadelphia, Washington D.C. and Baltimore. Accredited by the Middle State Commission of Higher Education, the College offers challenging associate, bachelor's and master's degrees in a variety of exciting career fields.
Accelerated, 11-week terms offered year round help you get to where you want to be faster. While on campus, you can participate in a number of clubs, trips and activities to enhance your student experience, including the International Society Club and annual traditions such as Fall Harvest and SummerFest.
At Central Penn, we don’t think that students should be forced to live in cramped dorms. Instead, we provide our lowerclassmen with spacious, two-bedroom apartments equipped with a full kitchen, living room and private bathroom, and our upperclassmen with three-bedroom townhouses. Who says you have to give up the comforts of home when studying abroad?
To learn more about studying abroad at Central Penn College, please fill out the form to your right and one of our helpful admissions counselors will be in touch to guide you along the path to opening new horizons here at Central Penn!
- In order to apply for admission to Central Penn College, international students must provide a transcript indicating they have completed, or are on track to complete, a secondary school program which would allow them to pursue university studies in their home country.
- In order for us to fully evaluate your application, the following must be completed:
- Free Online Application for admission.
- A copy of your passport with photo page.
- Two letters of recommendation (in English).
- Secondary school (high school) transcript/report and/or Post Secondary school transcript/report (for transfer students).*
- TOEFL score of at least 68 (IBT) or a IELTS score of at least 6 is required for admission.
- A 500-word essay describing your involvement in your school or community.
- Admissions interview (can be completed by Skype or email).
- Letter of support from a sponsor.
- Copy of the sponsor's most recent financial statement showing sufficient funds balance of $36,017.
- Central Penn will not require the TOEFL or IELTS test scores for the following groups:
- Nonnative speakers who hold degrees or diplomas from postsecondary institutions in English-speaking countries (e.g., the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand).
- Nonnative speakers who have successfully completed at least a two-year course of study in which English was the language of instruction.
- Transfer students from institutions in the United States or Canada whose academic course work was favorably evaluated in relation to its demands and duration.
- Nonnative speakers who have taken the TOEFL test within the past two years.
- Nonnative speakers who have successfully pursued academic work at schools where English was the language of instruction in an English-speaking country for a specified period, generally two years.
Please Note: All U.S. colleges are required to obtain actual documentation that funds currently exist at least for the students first year of study and that, barring any unforeseen circumstances, adequate funding will be available from the same or equally dependable sources for subsequent years of study in the U.S. International students must be financially independent and capable of bearing all the costs associated with attending Central Penn College. Central Penn does not provide financial aid to assist international students. Limited scholarship opportunities are available.
*Transcripts that are not in English will need to be evaluated by Educational Credential Evaluators, World Educational Services or Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute.
Here at Central Penn College, we want to provide our international students with an environment that will help them not just learn, but thrive. Our international students will work with our Cultural Diversity Director, Romeo Azondekon to ensure an easy transition to live at Central Penn. Romeo works hard to foster a campus community that embraces and accentuates cultural diversity.
As a further celebration of our campus diversity, Central Penn has established an International Society Club (ISC) on campus. The ISC's mission is to embrace, serve and value the international diversity that exists within the student body of Central Penn College, while also educating and serving the campus and local community in multiple capacities.
The ISC has provided on- and off-campus learning opportunities, multicultural events, partnerships and community service opportunities for its members.
For more information on our international student resources, please contact Danielle Klebes, our international admissions counselor, at DanielleKlebes@centralpenn.edu or (800) 759-2727.
As an international student, I know you will have lots of questions. That's why I'm here to help you! Please email me, Danielle Klebes at DanielleKlebes@centralpenn.edu or call 1-800-759-2727 to have all of your questions answered!