Central Penn College - Interested in Transferring Credits?

Central Penn College


Interested in Transferring Credits?

Central Penn makes transferring your college credits fast, seamless and simple. Students can apply up to 75 of their credits to one of Central Penn’s parallel bachelor’s degree programs and up to fifty percent of their credits toward an associate degree.

Students will work with our detail oriented admissions team to develop an evaluation plan to complete their degree requirements. Speak with one of our financial aid coordinators about grants, scholarships and loans today.

Institutions with Articulation Agreements for Transfer

  • Berks Technical Institute
  • Consolidated School of Business
  • DuBois Business College
  • HACC (formerly Harrisburg Area Community College)
  • ITT Technical Institute - Harrisburg
  • Keystone Technical Institute
  • Lackawanna College 
  • Lincoln Technical Institute
  • Lehigh Carbon Community College
  • McCann School of Business and Technology
  • Northampton Community College
  • Pace Institute
  • Pittsburgh Technical Institute
  • South Hills School of Business and Technology
  • StraighterLine
  • Strayer University
  • Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology

ITT Tech Transfer Information

Central Penn College has a long history of accepting transfer credits from ITT Technical Institute. Central Penn and ITT have an articulation agreement in place and that may help provide you with an opportunity to easily transfer and complete your program of study. Students are provided with a free transcript evaluation to determine what is needed to complete their degree requirements. 

Transfer Student Scholarship

Transfer Student Scholarships are available to full-time students. Scholarship recipients will be awarded $1,000 to be applied to their first three terms of tuition. Transfer Student Scholarships are awarded to all qualifying student applicants. Additional scholarship opportunities are available.

Apply NowMore Info

Hide All Show All


Q: Will you accept my credits?

A: Central Penn looks at your college credits on a course-by-course basis for transfer consideration. Please contact admissions at 1-800-759-2727 to set up your evaluation and campus visit.

Q: When will I know how many credits will transfer?

A: After your application and college transcripts are received, Central Penn will evaluate your transcripts. The evaluation process typically takes one to two weeks.

Q: What is the required GPA to transfer?

A: A minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA is preferred; however, the transfer counselor does meet with each student and reviews each file on an individual basis. Health sciences and associate degrees in applied science programs may require above a 2.5 GPA.

Q: When should I apply?

A: It is recommended you apply as early as 6 months prior to the term in which you would want to begin your studies at Central Penn. However, our admissions team will work with you to meet your desired start date to the best of their abilities.

Q: Do you offer any scholarships?

A: Yes, visit centralpenn.edu/scholarships to see available scholarships, application criteria and deadlines. 

Q: Do D’s ever transfer?

A: No, only coursework equivalent to a C or higher can be transferred. Q: Do grades transfer?


A: No, only your credits will transfer.

Q: Can my work experience transfer for course work?

A: Yes, Central Penn offers lifelong learning credits for qualified students in both our undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Contact an admissions counselor for more information.

Q: How many credits are required to earn a degree?

A: Associate degrees range from 62-79 credits, bachelor’s degrees require a minimum of 124 credits and master’s degrees require 33 credits.

Q: What is the maximum amount of credits Central Penn College may accept?

A: 75 toward a bachelor’s degree, 50 percent of the total required credits toward an associate degree, except for PTA/OTA.

Q: What is block transfer?

A: Block transfer allows you to transfer approximately 60 credits of your associate degree to a comparable bachelor’s degree. Check with your admissions counselor to see if your institution has a block transfer agreement with Central Penn. 

Fill out my online form.

Quick Links

Graduate Success