The Bachelor of Science degree in Corporate Communications prepares students with the extensive skills needed in journalism and public relations, writing, desktop publishing, photography and advertising theory.
You Will Learn
This degree program will allow students to gain the skills and knowledge that make them highly marketable in their chosen field. This program is designed to enhance students' expertise in diverse areas of communications in the fastest-growing field of business-oriented communications.
- Hands-on training in a cutting-edge field.
- To oversee a formal communications project from beginning to end, working within budget and deadline.
- Crisis communications, event management, and media relations
- To create and edit writing for a variety of public relations material.
- Proficiency in the use of several industry standard software packages.
- To develop and present your own professional portfolio.
- To communicate effectively during formal speeches, presentations and interviews.
As a career-oriented college and as an addition to our hands-on curriculum, Central Penn requires all students to complete an internship as a part of their academic program. This opportunity allows students to participate and experience their future careers in the real world. Internships are 180 hours in length and may include a research project tailored to the individual's career path.
Continuing Education and online students complete a capstone course in place of the traditional internship. This can be done at both the associate and bachelor degree level. This course requires an extensive research project and paper related to the students chosen career path.
- Radio and Television Announcers
- Public Address System and Other Announcers
- Public Relations Specialists
- Writers and Authors
- Copy Writers
- Poets, Lyricsts and Creative Writers
Graduate Success Rate
Based on our most recent One-Year Graduate Survey, 82.9% of Central Penn graduates were employed in their chosen field or continuing their education within one year of graduation.
Middle States Accreditation
Central Penn College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (Ph: 267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please click here to visit our 'Disclosures' page.